1. what was it like the first time you found out you were pregnant?
i was very excited. we planned to be pregnant, but i was surprised it happened so quickly.
2. what is your favorite memory as a mom?
oh wow, that's a hard question. i believe it would be the picture of all three of you together. you in the middle hugging tim and alli, and us on the beach this past christmas. anytime all of us are together as a family are my favorite memories.
3. what is your favorite memory with your own mother?
whenever she would hold her grandchild for the first time. whenever she would take each of my children into her arms for the first time.
4. if you could change anything about how you raised me, would you?
i probably would have instilled more of what it means to be a christian. read to you from the bible more. you're not a bad person, but... (ashley: ouch, mom!)
5. what was your proudest moment as a mom?
when my children received their degrees from college.
6. in what ways do you think i turned out like you?
you're not afraid to express your opinions about things and you're very independent. you have a very good work ethic. you do your best with whatever you do. i believe that's what i do too.
7. what was your biggest fear about becoming a mother?
i wouldn't do things the right way. i still have doubts about if i fed you right, or if i raised you right, if i was there for you. not raising a healthy child was my biggest fear.
8. describe what it's like to be a mother in three words?
accomplishment, responsibility, and joyful
9. if i could grant you one wish... what would you wish for?
that i would be successful in all aspects of my life. successful as a parent, as a wife, spiritually, and career-wise.
10. is there anything you regret not asking your own mom?
yes. probably not asking my mom enough advice about raising kids. i kind of did it on my own, with your father of course.